» Data is taken from the The Center for the Study of Global Christianity. » View the Data Summary (PDF).
- As of 2017, the world Protestant population stood at 560 million (Anglicans are included with Protestants in this analysis).
- Despite Europe being the birthplace of Protestantism, it is expected
that by 2050, less than 10% of Protestants will live in Europe.
- Today, Africa is home to 41% of all Protestants. By 2050, it is expected that this will rise to around 53%.
- The largest Protestant Denomination (in a country) in 2015 was the Three-Self Patriotic Movement (in China) with an estimated 26 million adherents.
- Chinese house churches and large African Indigenous Churches are categorized as "Independent".
Christianity in View Websites
- View the latest Newsletter.
- View the previous Newsletter.
Share this Website